- Puffed rice – 2 cups
- Masala Groundnut or toasted Groundnut – ¼ Cup
- Finely Chopped Onion – 1 Medium Onion
- Finely sliced Tomato – 1 Tomato
- Grated Carrot – ½ medium carrot
- Ginger grated – ¼ spoon
- Finely chopped green chilli – 1 chill
- Boiled & chopped potatoes – 2 potatoes
- Lemon juice – ½ lemon
- Rock salt – 2 pinches
- Mint Leaves – 1 cup
- Coriander leaves – 2 sprigs
- Pomegranate seeds – ¼ cup (optional)
- Finely chopped coriander leaves (for garnish)
- Byadagi/Kashmiri Dried Red Chilli – 5 nos.
- Tamarind pulp juice – 3 tb spoons
- Palm sugar/Jaggery – ¼ cup
- Chaat Masala – 1 spoon
- Cumin powder – 1 spoon.
- Salt – to taste
- Sev – For ganish
- To make red chutney, grind together boiled dried red chillies & Tamarind pulp juice. Boil this along with jaggery, ½ spoon each of chaat masala & cumin powder, salt to taste & water to adjust the consistency. Allow it to cool.
- For mint chutney, grind together mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilli, ginger, rock salt & lemon juice & salt to taste.
- In a bowl, add puffed rice, chopped onion, tomatoes, carrot, chilli, boiled potatoes, coriander leaves, lemon juice, groundnut, 2 spoons of 3red chutney & 1 spoon of mint chutney.
- Sprinkle remaining cumin powder & chaat masala and mix everything.
- Garnish with sev, pomegranate seeds and coriander leaves.